Game-1 dedicated server
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
6 c/12 t - 3.70GHz/4.60GHz
2 x 500GB Enterprise Class softRAID NVMe SSD
32GB DDR4 ECC 2,666MHz
Game-2 dedicated server
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
8 c/16 t - 3.80GHz/4.70GHz
2 x 960GB Enterprise Class softRAID NVMe SSD
64GB DDR4 ECC 2,666MHz
Why create a CS:GO dedicated server?
If it has managed to retain a place in online competitions, it is mainly thanks to its gameplay requirements. Being much more technical than other FPS games (Call of Duty, Battlefield or Medal of Honour), it emphasises precision and concentration. CS:GO also has an active community. Some have been fans since Counter-Strike: Source, which saw the creation of the first LAN parties. These passionate players customise their gaming experience using mods, private servers and forums. Create your own with a dedicated server!
Our Game dedicated servers meet the most demanding requirements for CS:GO:
- training for your e-sports team
- competitions, LAN parties or other events;
CS:GO is a resource-intensive game, but our stable and powerful servers are designed to meet its needs. They have capabilities that are unique on the market, ensuring that you experience a smooth game. You can also customise your server, by setting your rules during training sessions and competitions. Install your community's favourite mods for a tailored experience.
Your server is located in our datacentres. We take care of the hardware management to ensure an optimal gaming experience.
What are the advantages of a CS:GO dedicated server?
OVHcloud Game dedicated servers give you the very best performance. They are equipped with the latest generation of AMD Ryzen processors based on Zen 3 architecture. These machines support advanced gaming uses. They also benefit from our water cooling technology, which ensures their constant efficiency.
Our Game dedicated servers have a bandwidth of 1 Gbit/s. You get a great gaming experience with low latency. You can also choose which of our datacentres should house the server, so that it is as close as possible to your players. Our entire Game range has a 99.9% service level agreement (SLA).
Anti-DDoS Game Protection
This protection has been developed by our experts, especially for the gaming sector. It protects your games and sessions from distributed denial-of-service attacks. Unlike standard solutions, it is adapted to UDP traffic (specific to video games), with incoming and outgoing controls. You can also set up specific configurations depending on the games you are playing. Launch your games and stream in peace.
Designed for gaming
Our dedicated servers are designed to meet the needs of everyone in the gaming community.
- For resellers: build your community server, then offer your customers a customised gaming experience.
- For developers: we host you so you can focus on developing your game. Find out which infrastructure is best adapted to your game, in terms of server clusters, cloud gaming, resilience, and more.
- For streamers and their community: bring the best entertainment to your audience. Install Twitch directly on your server, and get optimal performances for your streams. You can also deploy Mumble, TeamSpeak, or a Discord server to facilitate interactions with your community.
How do I create a private CS:GO server?
The minimum configuration we recommend is:
- 1 CPU (3 GHz)
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 Gbit/s bandwidth
- 100 GB disk space
These recommendations work with the following uses:
- classic map with 24 players (modded or not)
- more than 24 players for specific mods, community-created maps, training with 30 bots or more.
For competitions or LAN parties with a large number of players, we advise you to add more resources. The bandwidth, RAM and processor all influence the how smoothly a game runs. Our Game servers will provide you with the optimal resources for quality gaming sessions.
Finally, your dedicated server comes with a free storage space for your backups. We recommend that you create backups.
Once you have taken these factors into account, you can now configure your server. Choose your operating system Linux is the most recommended, with Ubuntu, CentOS or Debian distributions. Need help setting up and configuring your server? Guides are available.
Install the server step by step.
- Log in to your server via your OVHcloud Control Panel.
- Install SteamCMD. You must have the CS:GO game in your Steam library, as well as its files.
- Install the CS:GO server and enter your command lines.
- Create your server’s authentication token. You need this to link it to your Steam account.
- Check that TCP and UDP ports 27015 are open.
- Launch the server!