7 Days to Die server
How to create a 7 Days to Die server?
Enjoy a winning combination of zombie action, gameplay, exploring, and building on our latest game sever VPS
Get ready for the best survival game… ever!
Released in 2013, 7 Days to Die masters the open-world survival horror game genre unlike any other! Players of this intense zombie fighting game enjoy a bit of everything: a dynamic first-person shooter, an open-world adventure game, and a world-builder that never fails to keep you interested.
With the right resources, you can craft everything from metal trussing to microwaves. Each new tool will help you build, survive, and fend off swarms of zombies. Kill different types of zombies, such as screamers, mutated zombies, and zombie bears. Explore the rich world and use your crafting potential to keep you and your homebase safe!
Enjoy the zombie apocalypse lag-free, whether you’re playing solo, with friends, or hosting the game for other groups as a reseller.
Why set up a 7 Days to Die server?
7 Days to Die is one of the most beloved games for survivalist wannabes and zombie fetishists alike. But with an OVHcloud 7 Days to Die Gaming Server it’s even better… Here’s why:
- There is nothing more fun than being caught in a zombie apocalypse with your mates. Right? But online games can be frustrating due to the random selection of online players. Some of these players may even go as far as to wreck your carefully constructed bases. These players are known as ‘griefers’. Instead, play against your own selection of players in your own multiplayer world.
- Another advantage of setting up your own private apocalypse is that you get to control where you build your base. It’s one thing defending yourself against a horde of zombies, you don’t want to be competing with a horde of other players for that ideal land claim or perfect base location.
- Are you tired of endless zombie respawning around POIs (Point of Interest) even when no one is playing? With a private server you get to limit this. Perfect if you enjoy taking over POIs to build awesome bases.
- If you set up your own OVHcloud server, you can customise game modes and survival elements. Choose to focus on cooperative PVE or hostile PVP, change spawn rates for zombies and loot, daylight hours, land claims, and much more.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
6 c/12 t - 3.80GHz/4.40GHz
2 x 500GB Enterprise Class softRAID NVMe SSD
32GB DDR4 ECC 2,666MHz
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
8 c/16 t - 3.90GHz /4.50GHz
2 x 960GB Enterprise Class softRAID NVMe SSD
64GB DDR4 ECC 2,666MHz
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
6 c/12 t - 3.70GHz/4.60GHz
2 x 500GB Enterprise Class softRAID NVMe SSD
32GB DDR4 ECC 2,666MHz
What are the advantages of a 7 Days to Die dedicated server?
Power and control
If your game is hosted on a dedicated server, you set the guidelines. You have control over who is allowed to join, who is not, and whether to boot someone from the server. This is a significant benefit for quality control because you can regulate the number of players to improve performance and avoid latency. This is your game. Your rules.
With a dedicated server, you manage the game environment dedicated server.
All players can benefit from shared features or elements you incorporate.
Design your own combat settings, add unique areas, and set limitations on the kinds of weapons and tools that are available. The possibilities are endless!
No more latency
As well as your own latency difficulties, gameplay is impacted by the connections and ping times of other players. Having a dedicated server gives you complete control over the game and the ability to ban users who are slowing it down.
For the finest lag-free gaming experience, our game servers offer up to 1Gbit/s bandwidth. Our highly redundant datacentres are widely dispersed, so you can get your server closest to your players. They also have a 99.90% SLA. Maintenance and incident response are handled round-the-clock by our on-site datacentre staff.
Your services will be secured round-the-clock at no additional cost, regardless of how widespread a DDoS attack is. Anti-DDoS protection is activated by default. Our anti-DDoS defence blocks DDoS attacks using VAC technology, which filters incoming traffic. We have successfully mitigated DDoS attacks up to 1.3Tbit/s in size.
Designed for every gaming use case
No matter how you decide to use your 7 Days to Die dedicated server, you’ll find the right model for your needs. OVHcloud Game servers are designed for a variety of gaming industry standards and requirements.
Resellers: Configure your game servers using our dedicated solutions. Looking to a create 7 Days to Die VPS solutions to resell to your own customers? Our dedicated servers provide the perfect hardware platform for this use case.
Players and developers: Play or design your game without worrying about hosting it. Choose from our extensive range of configuration and hardware options. Protect both yourself and your players from DDoS attacks.
Streamers and communities: Share the ultimate gaming experience with a 7 Days to Die multiplayer server and configure streaming apps like Twitch to deliver 7 Days to Die entertainment to your fans. You can also install Mumble or TeamSpeak to take your community to the next level.
How to set up a 7 Days to Die dedicated server
1. Choose and setup your Game server.
The server model we would recommend is completely dependent on how you intend to use your Game server — i.e. whether it works in a cluster, or as a standalone machine. For larger gaming events we recommend using Game-1 and 2 servers.
If you are a hosting provider and want to create several virtual private servers (VPS) on your dedicated servers, opt for the Game-2 range. Virtualising environments requires a high volume of resources.
The following minimal configuration for each VM you create on your dedicated 7 Days to Die server is advised:
- 8 GB RAM
- Minimum disk space of 12 GB
- Dual core running at or above 2.4 GHz or higher
- 100 MB/s is the recommended speed for a dependable internet connection.
Please keep in mind that these only apply to a small group of players. Higher performance OVHcloud Game server hosting solutions allow you to host more players for a more advanced gaming experience.
Once you have chosen the type of Gaming server, you can launch its installation from the OVHcloud Control Panel. First, select your operating system (Dedicated server Windows, Dedicated Server Ubuntu or Dedicated Server Linux). You can then log in and configure it to suit your needs, and the specifics of your infrastructure. To help you with this, please refer to our dedicated server documentation.
2. Configure your 7 Days to Die server.
Follow the recommended steps below to prepare your custom 7 Days to Die server:
• You can configure it directly from the Steam Workshop.
• Install the server files via SteamCMD.
• Enter your command lines, admin credentials, and passwords.
• Ensure that UDP ports 1200, UDP ports 27000 to 27020 and TCP ports 27030 to 27039 are open.
• Launch your server for the first time, then reboot it (recommended step).
• Your server is now ready to use.
Need assistance configuring your dedicated server? There are many available guides.
Even though the server comes with a lot of storage (500 GB), we suggest adding more space for backups.
Each server has a range of IPv6 addresses in addition to a public IPv4 address. More can be ordered (up to 256 per machine). They make it possible for you to appear on the list of 7 Days to Die servers.