A comprehensive range of solutions to store your data
The data stored and its different uses have specific constraints, and require an adapted solution. Whether you need a solution for object storage, block storage, a long-term archiving space, or a backup solution for volumes and Public Cloud instances, OVHcloud offers cloud storage solutions to fit all of your needs.
Our cloud storage solutions offer outstanding performance, security and data security, making them perfect for professional cloud storage. And to ensure that you keep full control over your data, OVHcloud guarantees reversibility — you can retrieve it at any time, without any hassle.
Our cloud storage solutions
OVH gives great importance to the freedom and to the sovereignty of your personal data. You can retrieve your data at any time, using standard protocols.
As the cloud provider responsible for hosting your personal data, our commitment is to respect data confidentiality without using it.
Depending on the solution you choose, our service level commitment may vary. Please note that no matter the SLA, OVH does everything possible to guarantee the replication of your data and anticipate hardware malfunctions.
The advantages of cloud storage
A storage service with the advantages of the cloud
Flexibility and scalability are the main features of cloud computing, and cloud storage is no exception to this. You can add resources on demand, and remove them when you no longer need them.
Cost control for storage
With a cloud storage service, you no longer need to invest vast amounts of money on hardware storage systems (dedicated servers, hard drives) that quickly become obsolete. With a pay-as-you-go system, you only pay for what you use — which means you can optimise your spending.
A storage solution for every need
Cloud storage is adapted to virtually all kinds of needs, from long-term archiving to high-performance storage solutions.
Based on market standards
Our cloud storage solutions are built on standard technologies, such as Ceph and OpenStack Swift. This makes it easier for you to create a hybrid cloud, combining your on-premises infrastructure with cloud solutions. It also means you can create a multi-cloud infrastructure with services from several different providers, and even migrate to one of these providers more easily.
What is cloud storage?
Cloud storage is an umbrella term for any kind of data storage solution that involves the data being hosted on a remote site by a cloud service provider. The service provider offers access to users or applications via a public or private internet connection.
You can use it to store data — from documents to backups — on an IT infrastructure managed by the hosting company, with total security and no limits in terms of file size or storage capacity.
There are several different types of cloud storage, designed for various purposes:
- Block Storage will help you increase the storage space available on your Public Cloud instances, by creating storage volumes with guaranteed redundancy. This type of storage also exists in high-speed mode, when the storage must also come with high read-write performance.
- Object Storage is designed to store static files in a scalable, unlimited space, and share the files online so that they can be accessed by your applications or web users. It is compatible with the S3 API, which is standard on the market — which simplifies the process of migrating to OVHcloud.
- Cloud Archive enables you to upload more rarely-used files to a cloud storage space, where they can be stored on a long-term basis.
Ensure service continuity for your cloud solutions: snapshot and backup storage
In addition to the storage systems we offer, we also provide data backup solutions for the Public Cloud universe, as part of your disaster recovery plan:
- Volume Snapshot. An instant snapshot image of your data, to restore it to a previous state or create new volumes.
- Instance Backup. Useful for creating backups of your instances in order to ensure durability, or create new instances based on the first ones you create.