In one click, get a powerful CDN to easily expand your business
- Annual subscription
- Free with Performance hosting
- Enabled via the OVHcloud Control Panel
Secure your websites with a customisable default configuration
- Annual subscription
- CDN Basic included
- Enabled via the OVHcloud Control Panel
Optimise your CDN configuration to fit your needs, for an adapted user experience
CDN Basic and CDN Security included
Enabled via the OVHcloud Control Panel
Included by default in the 3 offer levels:
Deploy your website internationally by hosting it as closely as possible to your customers in Canada and Europe.
Protects against distributed denial-of-service attacks, as it does for all OVHcloud solutions: Our web services are delivered with the very strictest protection.
The OVHcloud CDN service constantly analyses the content on your website, and ensures that your cache is always as recent as possible.
Your website’s traffic is redirected to the nearest OVHcloud infrastructure, or an infrastructure that will deliver a quicker response.
We include a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate with all of our web hosting plans, to guarantee that your website stays secure in HTTPS.
Data compression: Brotli
Reduce the size of data transferred, and speed up your website loading with Gzip and Brotli algorithms.
CDN Analytics (Coming soon)
Optimise your website with accurate metrics for your traffic status.
Enable or upgrade to a higher CDN service in one click from the OVHcloud Control Panel.
* Domain name creation and transfer is free for the first year, then renewals are charged at the annual price of the extension from the following list: .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org, .name, .fr, .re, .eu, .be, .es, .it, .de, .at, .co.uk, .me.uk, .org.uk, .nl, .us, .ca, .cz, .ch, .in, .lt, .dk, .pm, .so, .se, .yt, .tf , .wf, .pt, .pl, .ovh, .xyz. Not valid for extensions that include free transfer.
Get the features of a professional CDN to easily improve the performance of your content management system (CMS). With our global network of datacentres, you can offer an optimal experience to all your users, wherever they are based.
The CDN Basic includes:
- Global coverage
- Anti-DDoS protection
- Boosted caching
- Anycast routing
- SSL certificate
- Data compression: Brotli
Add to the benefits of the CDN Basic features specifically developed to ensure optimal security, always as close as possible to your users. By delegating security checks to the CDN, your websites will be protected as soon as they are activated. The CDN comes with a default configuration, which is fully customisable.
CDN Security includes:
- CDN Basic features
- Application firewall (WAF): Protection against fraudulent attacks and major known web vulnerabilities.
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS): Specify the external domains that are allowed access to your resources.
- HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS): Protection against downgrade attacks by imposing HTTPS access only.
- Mixed Content: Securely load all content.
- HTTPS-Redirect: Protects all traffic with temporary or permanent HTTPS redirection.
In addition to CDN Basic and CDN Security, you get new features with CDN Advanced. It is delivered with a default configuration, as well as more administrative freedom to adjust a custom user experience.
Customise how your website functions, depending on how your visitors use it. Deliver quicker responses to the same complex URLs, without overloading your web hosting plan. Customise refresh rates for content that changes frequently. Only refresh the elements that have just been modified. For example: Avoid inconsistencies in content when updating.
CDN Advanced includes:
- CDN Basic features
- CDN Security features
- Customisable configurations
Create up to 100 cache rules, customise cache purging, manage cache settings.
- Redirection to your mobile website
Automatically redirect visitors to a mobile-optimised website.
- Query string
Administer content caching based on URL query settings.
- Pre-loading content
Force permanent caching of your critical resources.
- Cover an international customer base
Host your resources closest to where your visitors are based.
|Automatic HTTPS redirection||✓||✓|
|HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)||✓||✓|
|Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS)||✓||✓|
|Application firewall (WAF)||✓||✓|
|Mobile website redirection||✓|
|Query string management||✓|
|Cover an international customer base||✓|
Caption: ✓ Feature included in the solution, ➕ Feature included and enhanced.
Your questions answered
What is a CDN?
To give a brief CDN definition, the Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a network of servers spread across different geographical locations worldwide. It simplifies the way your business content is loaded for users globally. When you choose to host your website, the server your data is stored on is connected to a network made up of other servers. The static content of the web server is transmitted to mirror servers via a distribution system. When a web user clicks on a page on your website, the request is sent to whichever mirror server will be quickest to display the requested content. The larger and more efficient the network, the quicker the content is delivered.
This process takes place in the background, so the web user is not aware of it.
How does a CDN work?
The CDN is characterised by two key elements: the distribution system and the request-routing system. The distribution system serves two purposes. It transmits the original content to the different mirror servers, and evaluates their authenticity and relevance. Content authentication offers a more enjoyable user experience for your visitors. There are two procedures: either the distribution system sends the new modified data directly to every CDN server, or it just sends a message that the data is available on the mirror server when a user makes a request. The request-routing system ensures that data is available in the right place at the right time. It allows requests to be redirected optimally to the user.
How do I configure my CDN?
You can configure your CDN service directly from the OVHcloud Control Panel, and follow the guide.
Why choose the OVHcloud CDN?
As Europe’s leading cloud hosting provider, we have extensive experience advising and supporting our customers to help them optimise their web projects. Our CDN increases the security of buffer memory data, so DDoS attacks are limited as a result. With our CDN network of datacentres spread across the globe, the customers and visitors accessing your website get record loading times and lower bandwidth usage. There are a number of advantages to choosing OVHcloud as a CDN provider:
- The CDN option can be activated in just a few clicks — and it is easy to use, because it is natively integrated into your hosting plan (pre-defined configuration, SSL certificate management and activation for each of your domain names on a case-by-case basis).
- You also have unlimited bandwidth.
- We are always offering innovative solutions to ensure that our services are scalable.
- You can choose which static elements of your website are loaded from the server to the CDN. You have control over your content administration.
- Our CDN network is monitored by our expert teams, which guarantees optimal service quality.
- You get the certified protection and security of our web hosting plans. Connections to your website are secure for your visitors.
- You can easily manage traffic spikes on your website, without experiencing any slowdowns. This is particularly the case if you offer downloadable files, or if you have an e-commerce website. This means you get more agility in how you manage your web solution.
You also get a wide range of web options to boost your hosting plan, so that it can adapt to your business growth.
Why is the OVHcloud Shared CDN an asset for my website’s visibility?
Leverage the full potential of a CDN from a professional solution, and get optimal loading times for your content.
If your Web Hosting plan experiences a technical failure, our CDN will display a static, offline version of your website. This means your content will remain partially accessible to your visitors.
The Shared CDN is integrated and available with all of our cloud hosting packages. To help you get started quickly, the option is offered with a default configuration when it is activated — but you can customise it at any time.
How do I speed up page loading times?
With the OVHcloud Shared CDN option, you can optimise the performance of your websites and applications without changing anything in your hosting plan or code. The CDN interfaces between your hosting plan and your users around the world. It caches static content as soon as a web user requests it, and distributes it as quickly as possible without having to retrieve the content from your hosting servers. This reduces their load, and speeds up the display of your website content on browsers.
How to improve user experience
To deliver optimal user experience, it is crucial to offer fluid and secure browsing with HTTPS protocol. Improve your conversion rates by offering the ultimate user experience from a computer, smartphone or tablet. Boost the loading speed for your website.
How to optimise your SEO ranking
Avoiding downtime on websites is now a major challenge for all companies. Search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo consider loading times to be an essential factor in determining a website’s organic SEO. The CDN reduces response times for your webpages, and improves their loading speed. This is an additional factor for improving your website’s ranking in search engines.