A comprehensive range of solutions to store your data
There are sometimes constraints that will depend on the type of data you need to store and what it is used for — so an adapted solution is required. Whether you need an object storage solution, block storage, a long-term archiving space, or a backup solution for Public Cloud volumes and instances, OVHcloud offers cloud storage solutions to suit all your needs.
Our cloud storage solutions offer exceptional performance, security, and data protection — which makes them perfect for professional cloud storage. And to ensure that you maintain full control of your data, OVHcloud guarantees reversibility — so you can recover your data at any time without any issues.
Our cloud storage solutions
OVHcloud takes sovereignty and freedom of personal data very seriously. You can recover your data at any time using standard protocols.
As a cloud computing provider responsible for hosting personal data, our commitment involves respecting data confidentiality.
Depending on the solution you choose, our service level agreements may vary. In all cases, OVHcloud does everything possible to guarantee the replication of your data and anticipate hardware malfunctions.
Our cloud infrastructures and services are ISO/IEC 27001, 27017, 27018 and 27701 certified. With our health data hosting compliance*, you can host French healthcare data securely.
* Coming soon
Cloud storage, by OVHcloud
The advantages of cloud storage
A storage service with the advantages of the cloud
Flexibility and scalability are key features of cloud computing, and cloud storage is no exception to this. You can add resources on demand, and remove them when you no longer need them.
Cost control for storage
With a cloud storage service, you no longer need to invest large amounts of money in hardware storage systems (dedicated servers, hard drives) that quickly become obsolete. With the pay-as-you-go system, you only pay for what you use, which means you can optimise your spending.
A storage solution for every need
Cloud storage is adapted to virtually all kinds of needs, from long-term archiving to high-performance storage solutions.
Based on market standards
Our cloud storage solutions are based on industry-standard technologies, such as Ceph and OpenStack Swift. This means you can create a hybrid cloud more easily, by combining your on-premises infrastructure with cloud solutions. You can also create a multi-cloud infrastructure with services from different providers, and even migrate to one of those providers more easily.
What is cloud storage?
Cloud storage is a general term for any type of data storage solution that involves the data being hosted on a remote site by a cloud provider. The service provider delivers access to users or applications via a public or private internet connection.
You can use it to store data — from documents to backups — on an IT infrastructure managed by the hosting company, with total security and no limits in terms of file size or storage capacity.
There are several types of cloud storage, designed for a variety of purposes:
- Block storage will help you increase the storage space available on your Public Cloud instances by creating storage volumes with guaranteed redundancy. This type of storage also exists in high-speed mode, when the storage needs to deliver high read-write performance.
- Object storage is designed to store static files in a scalable, unlimited space, and share files online so that they are accessible to your applications or web users. It is compatible with the industry-standard S3 API, which simplifies the migration process to OVHcloud.
- With Cloud archiving, you can send rarely-used files to a storage space for long-term storage.
Ensure service continuity for your cloud solutions — snapshots and backup storage
In addition to the storage systems we offer, we also provide data backup solutions for the Public Cloud universe, as part of your disaster recovery plan:
- Volume snapshot Take an instant snapshot of your data, restore it to an earlier state, or create new volumes.
- Instance backup Useful for creating backups of your instances to ensure their durability, or for creating new instances based on the first ones you create.