Hosting with a domain name
Get started with a web hosting plan and domain name
Get your business off the ground quickly and easily. We’ve come up with a range of solutions to help you achieve this, no matter which level of development your web project is at. Explore our products and get started today.
We include 10MB of web hosting when you order your domain name.
Free domain name for 1 year*
For any web hosting plan order.
Link several domain names to your web hosting plan.
Choose a web hosting plan to suit your project
Want to create your first website or online store? Our web hosting solutions are designed to meet all your needs. View our comparison to decide which one is best for you.
Get started now
If you order a domain name from OVHcloud, you get a 10MB web hosting plan for free. This space is perfect for creating a static webpage. You also get a linked email account with 5GB of storage space, which represent real advantages while you get started. However, if you would like to start an online business, we recommend a hosting plan that offers a higher capacity.
Create your online identity
When you order a web hosting plan, you get a free domain name (for creation and transfer). Customise it to reflect your business as clearly as possible. We also offer a wide range of generic and geographical extensions to help you with this.
Build your business
With multi-domain management, you can link multiple domain names to your web hosting plan. This can be a massive benefit, as it enables you to be visible where your customers are. If you want to grow your business internationally, you can geolocate it using a range of geographical extensions (e.g. mystore.uk, mystore.fr, mystore.be, mystore.es, etc.).
What is web hosting?
Generally, this term refers to a storage space on a server, used for putting websites online. However, to make the website accessible, you will need to link it to a domain name. The Domain Name System (DNS) links a domain to an IP address. It enables web users to find your website by entering its URL or part of the domain name in a browser.
What is the difference between a domain name and a hosting plan?
Your domain name represents your online identity. It is the name attached to your IP address, which redirects visitors to your website. It composes the URL that allows your website to be visible on the internet.
Web hosting is the technology that makes your content permanently accessible, usually via a server.
Both are essential, so your customers can find and view your websites and applications online.
What can I do with a free web hosting plan?
The hosting plan included with your domain name is perfect for getting started building your future website. Create a simple static webpage to showcase your business to your visitors. This way, you can familiarise yourself with HTML and plan a strategy for future professional websites.
Which hosting provider should I choose for my domain name?
With OVHcloud, you can choose from more than 800 available domain name extensions. This way, you can choose one that best suits your budget and business. We also protect your domain name against fraudulent transfers. Furthermore, if you are looking for high added value domain names, you can browse our secondary market to get the one you want.
Which hosting provider should I choose for my web hosting plan?
At OVHcloud, we include many services and features by default in order to support you as much as possible in your online development:
- A Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate
- Unlimited monthly traffic
- Email accounts
- Anti-DDoS protection
- Backups and restores at D-1, D-2, D-3, D-7, or D-14
- 1-click CMS modules (WordPress, PrestaShop, Joomla!, Drupal)
- MySQL databases
What are the different types of hosting?
The types of hosting vary depending on their technology, power and price.
- Shared hosting is an affordable, accessible solution with essential features. You can easily host your company’s website or an e-commerce website. As the name suggests, you share the host server’s resources with other users. However, in line with GDPR and other data privacy regulations, each customer’s data is fully isolated from that of other customers.
- Virtual private servers (VPS) are partitioned on a physical server using virtualisation technology. The user gets their own hosting space, which they can use to the full. They give you more flexibility in terms of administration, but require certain server management skills.
- A dedicated server is the most powerful and flexible solution. You get your own physical machine hosted in our datacentres, and you are free to manage it yourself. It is designed to host complex web applications, online games and resource-intensive services.
Which web hosting package is best for an online store?
An e-commerce website requires more resources than a simple showcase website. It has clickable sections, order funnels, search bars, interactions with banking sites or applications, and much more.
Our Performance Web Hosting plans are optimised for this use type:
- You can link more than 1,000 email accounts to it.
- You get a private database server included, with 512MB RAM.
- You can enable the Boost option. With this option, you upgrade to a higher level of resources for a set period of time, to handle traffic spikes.
*Domain name creation and transfer is free for the first year, then renewals are charged at the annual price of the extension from the following list: .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org, .name, .fr, .re, .eu, .be, .es, .it, .de, .at, .co.uk, .me.uk, .org.uk, .nl, .us, .ca, .cz, .ch, .in, .lt, .dk, .pm, .so, .se, .yt, .tf , .wf, .pt, .pl, .ovh, .xyz. Not valid for extensions that include free transfer.