Managing a successful cloud operation
Without the right support, cloud migration can be complex and risky.
When transitioning to the cloud, you need a clear understanding of all the different elements that help drive long-term success.
Gain the full benefit of cloud migration and avoid any common pitfalls.
- Choose the best solution based on your needs and budget
- Utilise our hybrid-cloud expertise
- Gain the agility you need to support a changing business landscape
- Learn how to manage your growing data mountain
- Be ready to implement your cloud and support services
How to manage and migrate your digital infrastructure with confidence
In this whitepaper we discuss the key opportunities and challenges associated with cloud migration and extension.
What you’ll learn:
- Why utilising on-premises infrastructure alone is unconducive to growth.
- What is data centre migration? How does it allow you to deploy your infrastructure in a way that suits you?
- The benefits of data centre extension or migration, such as affordability, security, and compliance.
Demo Video: Extend your Data Center
- Hosted Private Cloud VMware pack to get the core information
- Configurations for creating roles and add-ons
- Migrating your existing VM from on-premises to Hosted Private Cloud
"ALE knows that it can rely on the responsiveness and expertise of OVHcloud technical account managers if it needs support with its infrastructure. This is largely due to the fact that, unlike other industry players, OVHcloud has full control over its value chain — from datacentre design to server delivery."
"We believe we have found in OVHcloud a reliable partner. In the world of virtual infrastructures, it is essential that there is a human relationship to better identify the ideal solutions for each project and especially a contact that can provide assistance in real time, since the business of digital publishers is solely based on the online presence of their products."
The Forrester Wave™: Hosted Private Cloud Services In North America, Q2 2020
Forrester names OVHcloud as one of the leaders in the growing pool of Hosted Private Cloud Services in North America, Q2 2020
- OVHcloud considered best overall provider
- Recognised for compliance and security
- Awarded highest possible score on data centre locations
Strengthening your infrastructure with hybrid cloud and multi-cloud solutions
We unpack a few examples of OVHcloud partnerships, to demonstrate the process and benefits of a successful cloud migration or extension.
- Ravensburger: a managed, dedicated solution with flexibility for peak management
- Epsilon: Hosted Private Cloud with high performance SD and OVHcloud connect
- Funkinform: Migrating from on-prem to Hosted Private Cloud
Customer Success Stories
Extend and migrate your data center to the cloud
With integrated vSphere, vCenter and vROps, our managed Hosted Private Cloud solutions offer the same control as your on-prem solution. We deal with the maintenance, while you gain from high-performance cloud services.
Enjoy Pre-installed Nutanix software licenses on our 100% dedicated and secure OVHcloud infrastructure. Get a ready-to-use Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) in just a few hours.
Our compute and storage instances offer the best price-performance ratio on the market. This dedicated and managed solution allows you to create multiple Kubernetes clusters and databases. Explore our catalogue of instances with guaranteed resources, as well as GPU and IOPS instances.
Bare Metal Servers
With our dedicated server ranges, you can create a virtualised infrastructure that fits your needs as closely as possible. Choose the computing power and volume of RAM you need, and distribute it however you want.
Cloud on-Ramps (OVHcloud Connect)
A connection between your network and OVHcloud infrastructures, compatible with all of our cloud solutions. You get between 200Mbit/s and 10Gbit/s guaranteed bandwidth, and minimal latency on the public network (internet).
Private Network (vRack)
Get isolated, redundant private networks with high-speed bandwidth, and a minimum of two network cards — one for the public network, and one for the private network.
Our aim is to provide an open cloud that is reversible and interoperable. This belief empowers our 1.6M customers across 140 countries, as we continue to build on our global footprint of 33 datacentres with the latest generation of private, public and web cloud services.
We have developed an integrated and sustainable business model where we design cutting edge technology to assemble our water-cooled servers that are housed in our purpose-built datacentres. This value chain enables us to offer the best market prices when comparing like for like performance. Plus, our transparent price book means that our customers can predict their costs and won’t get bill surprises!
Our 32 Tbps fibre-optic global network across 38 points of presence with real-time monitoring and anti-DDoS is optimised for stability, redundancy and availability keeps our customers businesses operating efficiently and safely. It was this network that repelled one of the largest DDoS attacks ever recorded.
of global network capacity
present on 4 continents
44 redundant PoPs
around the world