Create a WordPress blog or WordPress website
You can launch your own blog or website with WordPress in just a few minutes, without having to worry about installation. You also do not need any technical knowledge. OVHcloud offers automatic WordPress CMS installation in the order process for a web hosting plan, and via the OVHcloud Control Panel. This means you can start creating your project quickly, without any hassle.
How to create a WordPress website in 3 steps
We will guide you through everything, from reserving a domain name to publishing your first webpages with WordPress. Follow the step-by-step tutorial below to get your website online in just a few minutes.
1. Choose a web hosting plan and domain name
Before you can create a WordPress website or blog, you need to choose a domain name and a web hosting plan that works best for you. We offer more than 800 domain name extensions, so you can choose the very best domain name for your project. It should be easy to remember, and give your visitors a clear idea of what you offer. Furthermore, when you choose an OVHcloud web hosting plan, your domain name is free for the first year. You can reserve a new domain name, or transfer an existing one to us.
A web hosting plan is vital for putting your website online, and making it accessible on the internet. Our solutions deliver everything you need to run your web project properly at an affordable price, and with no advertising on your website. To create your WordPress blog or website, we recommend opting for a Personal or Professional web hosting plan.
2. Install WordPress
OVHcloud offers WordPress for free as a one click module, to save you the hassle of downloading WordPress files and installing them manually on your web hosting plan. Simply select the WordPress CMS from the range of available solutions when you place your order. If you already have a hosting plan with us, go to the OVHcloud Control Panel, then the “Hosting” section. You can then install WordPress for free in 1 click on your website. A database will be automatically created to store all of your content.
3. Configure WordPress
First, you will receive a confirmation email containing essential information, such as the link for accessing your WordPress admin interface, and the credentials you need to use. When you first log in, after you have given your project a title, you can immediately start configuring your own website or blog with WordPress.
First, select a graphic charter that reflects your image in the “Appearance” section. The community offers a range of both free and paid WordPress templates and themes to download, so you can pick from a wide range of customisation options. Filter by popularity and theme features to find the one that works best for your website.
Next, showcase your business or blog by creating pages. All you have to do now is write your first article. To do this, use the toolbar to improve the readability of your text.
You can then search for extensions to optimise comment management, increase page performance and improve website security. You can also choose from a number of WordPress plugins, depending on your project’s specific features (e-commerce websites, personal blogs, professional blogs, etc.).
Included with your OVHcloud web hosting plan
- Domain name: Your website’s domain name is free for the first year.
- Let's Encrypt SSL certificate: Your SSL certificate is included with your web hosting plan. It validates your website’s security for your visitors, by displaying HTTPS protocol. You can enable it easily via the OVHcloud Control Panel.
- Anti-DDoS protection: Always get our protection against distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- SQL databases: We provide you with databases when choosing your hosting plan. You need to create a database to use WordPress.
- Multidomain management: With multi-domain management, you can attach different domain names to a hosting plan. This means you can manage several websites on the same web hosting package.
- PHP 7 + FPM: Your webpages are displayed up to 7 times faster, with the FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) feature. It is enabled by default, with PHP versions always up to date.
The advantages of WordPress
- Simplicity: Easily create a WordPress blog or responsive website (adapted for computer, tablet and smartphone) without needing any technical knowledge. WordPress is suitable for both novice users and web experts.
- Customisation: Access a wide range of tools, and choose a suitable WordPress theme. You can also get free extensions to customise your website or blog, and make it match your brand image.
- Community: WordPress is the most popular CMS on the market, and has a strong community that values sharing and helping one another. By checking the official forum for your future optimisations, you will also discover new tips and the latest plugins that are essential to your project.
- Organic SEO: WordPress helps you optimise your SEO ranking. Its environment simplifies the way you manage your content, which means you get a higher ranking in search engines. You can also add SEO plugins to get advanced features, and further improve your organic SEO.
Why use WordPress to create a blog?
WordPress is the leading open-source content management system (CMS). This solution is widely acclaimed for its intuitive interface, the high degree of customisation it offers, and the quality of its SEO services.
WordPress is a comprehensive application that is perfect for creating a website and publishing it online easily. You can edit website content via an admin panel, and you do not need any programming knowledge to do so. This makes it a perfect tool if you are looking at how to build a WordPress website without any difficulty.
Your WordPress blog will become a place for exchanging information, where your visitors can post comments at the end of each article — and building your website with OVHcloud will bring you security, accessibility and simplicity.
Discover the hosting plan adapted to your CMS
Each CMS is pre-installed on each of our web hosting solutions. We recommend taking time to consider which plan is best suited to your project’s needs.
1 domain name included*
250GB disk space
100 email addresses
Your questions answered
How do I create an e-commerce website with WordPress?
By installing the WooCommerce plugin, you can launch your online store. With this extension, you can manage products, orders, shipments, payments and other features of your store.
How do I host a WordPress website?
First of all, you need a domain name and a hosting package that includes a database.
The way you choose to host your OVHcloud website is dependent on the number of websites you want to build, and the storage capacity you need. You then have two options for installing your WordPress website: you can either set it up manually by going to the official WordPress website, or you can install it automatically with our 1-click tool.
Why choose WordPress for your website or blog?
WordPress is the ultimate CMS for creating a blog or website quickly and easily. Since it is very intuitive and easy to use, you can get your project up-and-running quickly.
Who uses WordPress?
A wide range of companies and individuals use WordPress. Since it is so universally accessible, it is suitable for both beginners and seasoned professionals.
How do I get started with WordPress?
There are many tutorials available online for getting started with WordPress. Since the user community is very large, you will find an enormous amount of advice online.
*Domain name creation and transfer is free for the first year, then renewals are charged at the annual price of the extension from the following list: .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org, .name, .fr, .re, .eu, .be, .es, .it, .de, .at, .co.uk, .me.uk, .org.uk, .nl, .us, .ca, .cz, .ch, .in, .lt, .dk, .pm, .so, .se, .yt, .tf , .wf, .pt, .pl, .ovh, .xyz. Not valid for extensions that include free transfer.