Our Forex VPS can provide you with a suitable solution:
- It provides a reliable and stable environment for your trading platforms, applications and software, like MetaTrader and ExpertAdvisor.
- You can host multiple applications on the same VPS.
- Your activity is hosted on a solution that is optimised by our services.
Why choose a VPS?
A virtual private server (VPS) offers many advantages to support you in your Forex trading activities.
- A highly scalable solution
Our server can be adapted to suit your business needs, and can scale up with it — you can add more resources at any time, whenever you need them. You only pay for what you use, so this solution will help you keep control of your budget.
- High performance
Our virtual private servers are powered by cutting-edge technologies: next-generation Intel architectures, NVMe SSD storage and a resilient infrastructure. This makes them perfect for hosting your complex trading tools and trading algorithms.
- A dedicated environment
The resources on the VPS are allocated to you. You have root access to your machine, and can manage your trading applications as you see fit.
With a VPS, you do not need to worry about hardware constraints like upgrading components, technical faults, etc. We take care of the machine’s maintenance, so that you can focus on your core business.
- High network capacity
Both ingress and egress traffic are unlimited* for your VPS server. It also has a maximum bandwidth of 2Gbit/s. This means you can host solutions or applications that require high throughput for your trading activity.
*Excludes datacentres in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Backup options
An external storage space is included with your VPS. You can use it to back up your data. You also have the Snapshot option, which allows you to create an instant image of your virtual server at a given time. You can do this via the OVHcloud Control Panel. These options provide additional security for your critical financial data and transactions.
As the Forex market is characterised by high volatility, you need a very quick connection. Our VPS is perfect for hosting trading applications in an environment with constant uptime. Our infrastructure also offers minimal latency, and hardware availability guaranteed by a service level agreement (SLA). This way, you get a stable, round-the-clock service.
Tip 1: Choosing the right Forex VPS
To choose the best VPS for trading, you will need to start by realistically evaluating the resources you need. As a Forex trader, you need a responsive solution that is permanently connected, and able to handle a consistent, continuous workload.
Depending on the resource capacity required by your Forex trading application or software, we recommend Essential or Comfort solutions. These solutions will deliver enough power to host them. With between 4GB and 8GB RAM, you can set up complex automatic trading strategies that require a high number of technical indicators. This would be impossible to do on a personal computer.
To find out everything you need to know about VPS solutions, please visit our FAQ page.
Tip 2: Choosing the location of your VPS
When your VPS is receiving a very high number of requests, you can increase its capacity accordingly to avoid the risk of service interruption. An automated trading algorithm can be resource-intensive. Increase or decrease your resource usage, depending on what your applications need. To reduce latency for your service, choose the datacentre closest to where you do business. For example, if you are looking to enter a European market, we recommend selecting one of our datacentres located within the continent. This means you get optimal response times when it comes to decision-making.
Tip 3: Plan your development
Whether you are a beginner or well-established in the financial services sector, our VPS solutions are designed to host your trading activity. It is also important to consider your infrastructure’s long-term development. If you want to expand your business to cover other financial exchanges in addition to the currency market (also called the foreign exchange market), you will need to choose a more powerful solution. If you are a small investment firm, you can invest in a dedicated server that will handle a higher load.
It is also important to consider how resilient your infrastructure is. In the financial services sector, the data you handle is critical. Try opting for a backup solution — or for your data to be replicated in real time, in another OVHcloud datacentre.
Tip 4: Customise your solution for more comfort
Our VPS solutions work with a wide range of operating systems, including Linux and Windows. Choose whichever operating system you prefer. This way, you can design an environment that offers easy administration for your trading platform. You can also access your VPS from anywhere.
Please visit our website to find out more about the options available to customise your VPS.
Tip 5: Back up your work
Backup options are available on our VPS platforms. They are vital for protecting data in the event of an incident.
- A manual backup or snapshot is an instant image of your VPS, taken at a specific time. It is a full restore point.
You can create a snapshot via the OVHcloud Control Panel, save it, then use it to restore your VPS. Your VPS will then be restored back to the state it was in when you backed it up. Please note that creating a new snapshot deletes the previous one.
- With automated backup, you can schedule backups of your VPS (excluding additional disks). These backups are taken every day, for a rolling period of seven days. Your backups are exported to our infrastructure, and replicated three times on different machines in your virtual private server. You can then use them at any time to restore your VPS.
- An external storage space that can host a copy of your data from your virtual server in a separate environment. This option is similar to a USB drive that you plug into your personal computer, to store a copy of your sensitive information — like your transactions.
* For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore : 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” and “Value”, 2TB/month for the VPS range “Essential”, 3TB/month for the VPS range “Comfort” and 4TB/month for the VPS range “Elite” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.