|Processor||1 vCore||2 vCore||4 vCore||8 vCore|
|Memory||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB||From 8 GB to 32 GB|
|Storage||40 GB SSD NVMe||80 GB SSD NVMe||160 GB SSD NVMe||From 160 GB to 640 GB SSD NVMe|
|Bandwidth||250 Mbps unmetered*||500 Mbps unmetered*||1 Gbps unmetered*||2 Gbps unmetered*|
|Monitoring and Interventions||24/7||24/7||24/7||24/7|
|Additional IP||US$ 2 ex. GST/IP/month|
OS and applications
Storage and backup options
Create and restore your snapshot
Keep your data safe and protected
Additional backup storage
Custom external storage
Use cases for a VPS server
A scalable, secure hosting solution for one of the world’s most popular online games, ideal for both gamers and hosting professionals.
Effortlessly launch and manage your own ideal multisite setup in the cloud, for the best possible price.
We want to share all the information you need, so that you can use your services independently. In our Help Centre, you will find all of our guides and FAQs.
We are also making every effort to enhance these resources over time. You can also evaluate each technical guide. Your feedback is valuable, and it helps us to improve our documentation further.
OVHcloud has set up a dedicated place where customers can talk to each other: OVHcloud Community. You can ask questions, or just chat with other users.
These resources are available at any time, with no restrictions.
How do I choose my OVHcloud VPS?
To pick out the VPS that best suits your needs, it is important to consider the following factors:
- the quantity of resources required (processor, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.)
- the operating system required (Linux or Windows)
- the technical requirements that are essential for the application to work properly (e.g. a database needs high read/write speed)
This will help you make the right choice from our VPS solutions.
- Starter VPS: An entry-level server range, to test out our solution (with a Linux distribution only, and no web hosting control panel).
- Value, Essential and Comfort VPS: Perfect for hosting websites, e-commerce services, and monitoring systems.
- Elite VPS: Specially adapted for e-commerce websites and applications that require more CPU and memory resources.
Is the VPS compatible with vRack?
Our VPS ranges are not compatible with the vRack private network. If you would like to use this service, our Public Cloud instances may be a better option for you.
Which operating systems are compatible with a VPS?
All of our operating systems are listed on our website. This list is updated in real time, depending on the distributions tested on our VPS.
What are web hosting control panels like Plesk or cPanel used for?
Web hosting control panels are used to simplify the way you manage multiple websites and services hosted on a single server. Administration actions are managed by these applications. You just need knowledge of how to use and configure the web hosting control panel.
We offer licences for these web hosting control panels when you purchase an OVHcloud VPS.
What is OVHcloud Anti-DDoS protection, and what is it used for?
This is our system to protect against distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. The aim of these attacks is to compromise a number of servers, and force them to saturate others with requests. The targeted infrastructure is then overwhelmed with several thousands of connection requests per second, making it unavailable as a result.
DDoS attacks are becoming more widely used by malicious parties, but OVHcloud is working hard to stop them from having an impact on services.
OVHcloud Anti-DDoS protection is not optional — it's included with all of our servers.
Where are the VPS servers located? Where is my data hosted?
Our servers are hosted in our own datacentres. For each range, we offer eight sites spread across several continents.
- Europe: France (Roubaix and Strasbourg), Germany (Frankfurt), the UK (London), Poland (Warsaw)
- North America: Canada (Beauharnois)
- Asia-Pacific: Australia (Sydney) and Singapore
Is my VPS backed up?
OVHcloud does not take backups of the data hosted on your VPS. You are responsible for ensuring that your VPS is backed up.
To take backups, you can use the following options: manual backup (snapshots), or automated backup.
* For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore : 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” and “Value”, 2TB/month for the VPS range “Essential”, 3TB/month for the VPS range “Comfort” and 4TB/month for the VPS range “Elite” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.