How do I create a Conan Exiles server?
Give your players the opportunity to explore the desolate lands of Conan Exiles. With a dedicated server, you get the performance you need to deliver quality entertainment to your community. Customise your game servers, organise events and bring players together through this mythical universe.
Game-1 dedicated server
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
6 c/12 t - 3.70GHz/4.60GHz
2 x 500GB Enterprise Class softRAID NVMe SSD
32GB DDR4 ECC 2,666MHz
Game-2 dedicated server
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
8 c/16 t - 3.80GHz/4.70GHz
2 x 960GB Enterprise Class softRAID NVMe SSD
64GB DDR4 ECC 2,666MHz
Why create a Conan Exiles dedicated server?
An open-world game full of possibilities
Conan Exiles natively offers different gameplay modes online: PvE, PvP, sandbox, roleplay (RP), maximum difficulty, and much more — so you can create a wide variety of servers. By adding mods to your machines, you can also increase their degree of customisation. This means you can increase the number of players, restrict the crafting options, or change the cosmetics, for example. The game mechanics offer a wide range of possibilities — and with our solution, you can offer your community a Conan Exiles server hosting their preferred gameplay mode.
A solution adapted to your needs
Our dedicated servers are designed to help various providers in the video game industry deliver on their users’ needs.
- Resellers: Are you already familiar with community servers, and are you looking to go even further? Create your server and host it on our solutions. Design the custom modes your customers want, and give them a new way to enjoy their favourite game.
- Publishers: With the power of our Game dedicated servers, you can create your games in an optimised environment.
- Content creators: Rely on our servers for your LANs. You can also use them to stream your event and host TeamSpeak, Mumble or Discord chats.
A unique gaming experience
What are the advantages of a Conan Exiles dedicated server?
Our servers are equipped with the latest generation of AMD Ryzen processors and a Zen 3 architecture, to offer high computing power. It is combined with our state-of-the-art water-cooling technology, so you get consistent performance for your online games.
Our Game dedicated servers have bandwidth of up to 1Gbit/s for improved in-game stability. You can also choose which datacentre your server will be located in. By selecting one as close as possible to your players, you can offer offer them excellent fluidity and minimal latency during their games. Our servers are also subject to a 99.90% SLA.
Anti-DDoS Game Protection
An optimised solution for protecting your online parties. It works like a standard anti-DDoS solution, but is adapted to UDP traffic due to the control of incoming and outgoing data. You can also customise different types of servers, for maximum protection. It is transparent for your players, who will not be disturbed in the event of an attack.
Video games require the very quickest loading speeds, because lag-free gameplay is a vital part of an enjoyable gaming experience. Our Game dedicated servers are equipped with NVMe SSD disks ranging from 500GB to 960GB. They offer short response times, and enable you to perform backups. You also get increased speed and capacity compared to a typical hard drive.
Our servers have a public IPv4 address, and an IPv6 address range. You can also order up to 256 additional IP addresses, which come in useful for migrating your services between solutions more quickly. You also get better reactivity in the event of a bug.
What are the steps for configuring my Conan Exiles dedicated server?
1. Choose and boot the server.
It all depends on how you intend to use your Game server — i.e. whether it works in a cluster, or as a standalone machine. At events (LAN or e-sports competitions), the minimum configuration to play Conan Exiles on a dedicated server with the maximum number of players (70 people) is as follows:
- 6-8 core processor
- 500GB SSD storage space
- 8GB RAM minimum
- Bandwidth of at least 1Gbit/s
As a game hosting provider, you can create multiple Conan Exiles VPS platforms on our dedicated servers. The minimum configuration for each virtual server is as follows:
- 2 virtual processors (vCores)
- 8GB RAM
- 500Mbit/s bandwidth
- 50GB disk space
Once you have chosen your Game solution, you can install the server. First, choose your operating system and graphical interface. You can choose between Windows Server or Linux. Next, log in to your server and start configuring it. Need help with this step? You can refer to our dedicated server documentation. Lastly, you simply need to connect to your server and manage it from the OVHcloud Control Panel.
2. Configure your Conan Exiles server.
Follow the steps below to build your gaming server:
- Create a folder on the hard disk: conan_exiles.
- Install SteamCMD, and place a SteamCMD.exe file in the folder you just created.
- Run the following command: @echo off start "" %~dp0\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\Directory\Of\ServerToChange" +app_update 443030 validate +quit
- Next, run SteamCMD in administrator mode.
- Then download the files from your server. There are many online tutorials to support you with this step.
- Configure your server settings and rules.
- Ensure that the UDP ports 27015 and 27016 are open.
- Your server is now ready to launch.