Creating a website using Joomla!
Launch your professional website quickly with Joomla! without having to worry about setting it up or configuring your web hosting plan. This CMS is suitable for all websites, regardless of their size or complexity. Joomla! is suitable for even the most discerning web agencies, developers and integrators, allowing you to design professional and company websites.
Create a website using Joomla! in 3 easy steps
To build your Joomla! website quickly and easily, we recommend following this 3-step guide.
1. Order a web hosting plan
Creating a website with Joomla! involves choosing a suitable domain name and web hosting plan. OVHcloud’s hosting solutions guarantee the services that are key to website availability and the performance you need to ensure that your visitors get the best experience possible. Depending on the size of your project, we recommend ordering a Professional or Performance web hosting plan for your Joomla! website.
2. Install Joomla!
We install Joomla! on your web hosting plan, meaning that you save time when you start to create your website. Simply select Joomla! from the list of available CMS platforms when you place your order. If you already have an OVHcloud web hosting plan, log in to your Control Panel, go to the ‘Web’ section, then ‘Hosting’.
You can then install Joomla! via the 1-click modules in your web hosting plan. A database will be automatically created to store your data.
3. Configure your Joomla! website
Once you have installed Joomla!, you will receive all of the information you need to log in to your website’s control panel. Name and start configuring the main features of your new project, such as your administrator account information.
Included with your Pro web hosting plan
To start building a website with Joomla! we recommend our Professional web hosting plans. They include comprehensive services:
- Free domain name for the first year
- 1-click CMS: choose your CMS and we will pre-install it for you on your web hosting plan.
- Let's Encrypt SSL certificate: this certificate is included with your web hosting plan, and guarantees the credibility and authenticity of your website to your visitors.
- OVHcloud Web Statistics: this tool allows you to track your website visits via different dashboards to analyse traffic.
- Multidomain management: link several domain names to your web hosting plan. If you have several websites, blogs or e-commerce sites, you can put them on the same hosting plan.
- SSH and multi-SSH access: secure command-line access to the server to manage your website files.
Benefits of Joomla!
- Simplicity: the solution is designed to make website creation and administration as simple as possible, thanks to its intuitive management interface. As well as accessibility, this CMS offers flexibility to even the most discerning web developers and agencies. Joomla! also has essential tools for boosting your website’s SEO.
- Shared library: with a library of over 5,000 extensions, Joomla! has everything you need for now and for the future. You can also use them to modify specific elements of your professional website’s layout.
- Collaboration: thanks to Joomla!’s account management and access permissions system, you can assign admin rights and set up private sections, so that each user can access the CMS and integrate content. It is the ideal option for creating and managing a website as a team.
- Community: Joomla! has an active and well-established community, which can offer valuable help and contributions with any aspect of the platform: help, documentation, support, themes, etc.
Why choose Joomla!?
With more than 60 million downloads, Joomla!, a pioneer in open-source content management systems (CMS), has become one of the most popular platforms on the market. By allowing complex projects to be created, Joomla! is a strong contender to WordPress. It is easy to configure and very intuitive, designed to create and configure a website without the need for any technical skills. It features hundreds of customisation options along with responsive templates that are compatible with computers, smartphones and tablets.
Using PHP and a database, Joomla! includes tools for designing articles, banners, contact forms and RSS feeds for your website.
Discover the best hosting plan for your CMS
Each CMS is pre-installed on each of our web hosting solutions. We recommend the solutions that best fit your project’s needs.
1 domain name included*
250GB disk space
100 email addresses
1 domain name included*
CDN, SSL, Private SQL server
Your questions answered
How do I install Joomla! locally?
You can work on your website locally using XAMPP software, and use it to manage your website’s setup directly on your computer.
How do I install Joomla! on OVHcloud?
Once you have ordered your web hosting plan, go to the OVHcloud Control Panel. Next, click Joomla! in the 1-click CMS setup menu, and it will install automatically.
How do I use Joomla! to manage a website?
Joomla! gives you total flexibility in managing your website. Via the administrator menu, you can change your website’s general settings, and manage both user and security settings. The purpose of the CMS is to manage content and customisation for your webpages, and both website maintenance and extension management are made simple.
How do I change a Joomla! template?
Simply download a new template from the library. Once you have selected it, load it on your website and replace the default template with the one you have just chosen.
* Domain name creation and transfer is free for the first year, then renewals are charged at the annual price of the extension from the following list: .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org, .name, .fr, .re, .eu, .be, .es, .it, .de, .at, .co.uk, .me.uk, .org.uk, .nl, .us, .ca, .cz, .ch, .in, .lt, .dk, .pm, .so, .se, .yt, .tf , .wf, .pt, .pl, .ovh, .xyz. Not valid for extensions that include free transfer.